When I review a skincare product I like to team it with another product from the same line for at least half of the trial, when possible. I did this recently when I reviewed Natio’s Renew Line & Wrinkle Gentle Toning Facial Cleanser. A couple of weeks after commencing use of the face wash I started using Natio Renew Line & Wrinkle Smoothing Serum. The Smoothing Serum is said to help minimize the appearance of fine lines while repairing surface damage. While I may not have any notable lines or wrinkles yet, I am noticing the first signs of aging and I want to do anything I can to put it off.
Did this serum help address my dehydrated skin and keep it looking youthful? Read on to find out.
Review The packaging and texture – Natio Renew Line & Wrinkle Smoothing Serum
- Packaged in a red and white bottle with a clear lid, the serum is released through a pump nozzle. One pump would be enough to do the face for normal to oily skin or 2 pumps for dry skin. I recommend doing an additional pump for the neck and decolletage.
- The white-colored serum is lightweight but the consistency is on the thicker end of the serum spectrum. It holds its shape and doesn’t run off your hand but it melts into the skin quickly, blending and moving like a serum. My skin feels like it’s had a drink of moisturizer. A smooth, silky texture is left behind.
How to use and how does Natio Renew Line & Wrinkle Smoothing Serum work on my skin?
- Like all skincare products, you should warm the serum in your hands before patting on to your skin. This is especially important if you are treating fine lines and wrinkles because tugging at them can cause further unwanted damage.
- The feeling of smoother skin is instantly noticeable but it took about a week before my skin showed an improvement in texture. By that time it did appear more hydrated than previous and smoother around my particularly ‘dry areas’ – nostrils, corners of the mouth, outer corners of the eyes. I don’t have wrinkles or lines noticeable enough to judge its ability on attending to those.
- The serum doesn’t make my skin oily throughout the day and it had no negative effects on applying my makeup. If anything it worked quite nicely with makeup application because it smoothed and hydrated my skin similar to a primer. On some days when I was lazy or in a rush I just used this serum and skipped moisturizer and primer because it did a great job, but I don’t recommend this because the serum isn’t designed to provide that layer of protection from environmental damage that moisturizer and primer does.
- It has a strong scent during application but it dissipates after an hour or two. In my opinion, it smells a lot like native Australian plants but unless you have been to the Australian bush you probably won’t know that scent just by reading it. The notes I can predominately smell are plants like calendula, aloe and moringa.
What Natio say ….
This luxuriously light and silky concentrate melts into skin to help restore vitality, smooth, plump and refine lines.
Deeply hydrates and helps replenish and repair aging skin.