If you’ve known me for any length on time, you’d know my undying love for the IT Cosmetics CC+ cream. IT Cosmetics recently dropped a bomb and out of nowhere announced the launch of a brand new Oil Free Matte variation. Today, I review about it cosmetics cc+ cream.
I do have oily skin and find in the summer my beloved original CC+ Cream does need a little more powdering to get me through the day and can get a little tacky. But otherwise, the formula works well. However, I have heard some other babes with oily skin have struggled with the formula not lasting, and those pesky oils start to peek through throughout the day.
This new pore-minimising formula has gotten me a little excited. Let’s just hope it is just as incredible as the original, and that it works even better for those who have struggled with the formula in the past.
WHAT IS THE CC + OIL FREE MATTE?
Developed with plastic surgeons, Your Skin But Better CC+ Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40 delivers color-correcting full coverage, anti-aging skincare and SPF 40 broad-spectrum physical sunscreen—all with a poreless, natural-looking matte finish that lasts! This multitasking, complexion-perfecting breakthrough instantly camouflages skin imperfections including dark spots without creasing or cracking and is clinically tested to reduce shine and control oil for up to 12 hours. It’s also infused with charcoal to detoxify, colloidal clay to absorb oil and tea tree extract to combat blemishes—plus, an advanced anti-aging serum made of hydrolyzed collagen, peptides, niacin, hyaluronic acid, vitamins and antioxidants. You’ll see powerful results instantly and more dramatic results over time
This formula will also be available in 12 shades. It is housed in the same squeezy tube with a pump but in a beautiful blue shade. Sounds incredible, right?
Review: How Does The IT Cosmetics CC + Cream Oil Free Matte Perform?
The foundation applied beautifully. I used a damp beauty blender which allowed the formula to really melt and press into the skin, leaving me with a really natural and even coverage. My initial impression is that it isn’t completely matte – more of a velvet type of finish. My skin feels soft and hydrated without being sticky. It looks luminous without looking oily, and it feels matte without looking really flat and cakey. It doesn’t feel tacky nor does it transfer.
For the sake of a review, I didn’t set the foundation (other than a light dusting under the eyes to prevent creasing). I also refrained from using anything glowy and stuck with a matte blush.
Review: How Does The Oil Free Matte Compare The IT Original CC+ Cream?
While they are very similar, the result is quite different. Firstly, the biggest difference off the bat is the SPF. This matte bad boy has a level of 40 whereas the original boasts a massive 50+ SPF. The matte version stayed quite luminous and healthy while still controlling any oil. I found that I didn’t need to set the foundation, nor did I feel the need to powder throughout the day. I also felt that there may be just a touch more coverage than the original. The foundation lasted much better for me than the original but I did find that it can cling to any dry flaky areas of the skin.
In the photo above, I have the Matte on the left side of my face and the original on the right. The colours are slightly different so it may look a little funny ( I have Light in the Original and Light Medium in the matte). But you can see the difference in the finish between both formulas. After 8 hours my skin was noticeably less shiny on the matte side.
My Review About It Cosmetics CC+ Cream Oil Free Matte
I simply adore the finish. As much as my skin needs a matte foundation, I still love something that gives my skin a little bit of life and radiance. This foundation really gives me the best of both worlds. I feel like IT Cosmetics have really nailed the natural finish. The IT Cosmetics CC+ Oil Free Matte mattified my skin and controlled oil without leaving me with an unflattering flat matte finish.
I found that you can really change the results with what primer you used. A matte primer will boost the longevity of the foundation while really absorbing any oil. Using something more hydrating and illuminating will give you a fresher result, but in turn, affecting the oil control and longevity.
I really love both formulas and feel I will be reaching for this new guy more once the weather warms up. It will allow me to still reap the skincare benefits of the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream, while lasting me longer and needing less powdering throughout the day.
If you’re someone who really loves a true matte finish, the Oil Free CC+ cream alone isn’t going to get you there. But with the use of a mattifying primer and a mattifying setting powder, you may just get the result you are after. However, If you teeter more on the normal or dry end of the spectrum, I think the original will still be your best pick, if not even the illuminating version.
Available now in the US. Otherwise, us Aussies will need to wait until it drops into Sephora.com.au late September.
Will you be adding the brand new IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Oil Free Matte to your cart?
Want more? Check out Rosa’s review about it cosmetics cc+ cream (Lipstick and Linguine) on YouTube here.
Why You Need IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream
I am sure you’ve seen people rave over the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream, and you’ve probably wondered what’s so good about it. Well, I’m going to give you a review why it cosmetics cc+ cream deserves a place in your daily makeup routine.
- Great coverage. Don’t be fooled by the CC cream label, this isn’t a sheer colour corrector – not even close. The coverage is really good. It hides any imperfections while evening out your skin tone in a flash. The result is a beautiful natural looking base, with a velvety finish that allows you to look polished and awake, without any caking or masking.
- It doesn’t feel like your wearing makeup. Although the coverage is bang on, it actually doesn’t feel like you are wearing any makeup. It is lightweight, non-sticky and doesn’t transfer. The foundation also doesn’t crease or crack throughout the day. Which means less time is needed to retouch and more time for activities.
- You get the benefits of anti-aging skincare. IT Cosmetics products are created in such a way that it is a skincare treatment first, and a colour cosmetic second. By focusing on soothing, treating and hydrating means that your skin will be benefiting daily from nourishing ingredients instead of your pores being blocked, and your skin getting irritated. So, essentially you are wearing a nourishing moisturiser and anti-aging treatment with a dose of pigment added at the end to cover and conceal. This specific formula contains collagen, peptides, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and vitamins A,B,C and E.
- It contains 50+ SPF. Being in Australia especially, this is an absolute must in your daily foundation. The biggest anti-ageing treatment is prevention. What better prevention is there than a 50+ SPF that is automatically built into your foundation. The other upside of this is that the SPF is completely physical which means you’ll get absolutely no flashback. Between that and the formula being sweat and water resistant, you will be prepared for anything.
- It works on all skin types. I don’t what sorcery has gone into the CC+ cream but along with all those benefits listed above, it works on every skin type. Whether you are dry or oily, you can make this foundation work for you. Depending on what kind of finish you prefer, you might have to set it with powder for something more matte. Otherwise dry, combo and oily babes alike will swoon over this baby.
I know that the shade range is limited, but I have been assured by the IT Cosmetics educator, that any skin tone will be able to make the shades work. Plus, a little birdy told me that new shades will be released in September.
Have I convinced you yet? It is in stock now but be quick, this bad boy sells out fast. And, believe me, once it is sold out Australia-wide it takes foreverrrr for a restock.
*DISCLAIMER – Although these products were provided for my consideration, all views and opinions are 100% honest and my own. No sponsorship or money has been provided for my review. All discount codes are not affiliated unless specifically stated. All opinions are based purely on my own experiences. I try my hardest to provide my readers with accurate information, but I am not by any means a professional, nor am I an expert. Please do not confuse my opinions with professional advice.