Welcome back to the beauty world, today’s star is Bioderma Atoderm Intensive Baume, an extra gentle cleanser for the face and body which is said to restore natural lipids to keep the skin balanced and healthy.
If you have heard of Bioderma it is probably because of their incredible Crealine H2O Solution makeup remover, but the French skincare brand actually has a few skincare winners in their stable. One such range is Atoderm, a line of skincare products for sensitive, irritated skin. It is a savior for those suffering from atopic skin but also those who occasionally have flare-ups or allergies.
My experience with Bioderma Atoderm Intensive Baume
- The large pump packaging is perfect for using in the shower. It isn’t travel-friendly but you could decant into a smaller empty bottle if you would like to take it with you. As I do like to wash my face in the shower, it is the perfect packaging for me. The pump dispenses the perfect amount for your face, or two pumps if you are using it on your body.
- I started using this product just on my body during a change of season irritation. My skin instantly felt soothed and after one week of daily use the irritation had stopped completely. This cleanser is designed to be used as part of a wider Atoderm regimen which includes topical cream, but I wanted to test just how effective the cleanser was by itself. How quickly it acted impressed me.
- After a couple of weeks, I started using this cleanser on both my face and body. Due to a bad experience with some previous skincare trials, my face had some irritate dry patches. This cleanser once again relieved the itch after one wash. It took about 10 days of daily use for the irritation to be cleared completely which is still extremely impressive in my opinion. Keep in mind I was further irritating the area each day by applying makeup, but that was unavoidable!
- There is no added fragrance in this cleanser but the natural scent is quite pleasant. It is a clean, refreshing scent.
- This gel is actually a thick foam rather than a sudsy mess. Whether you use your hands, a loofah, or a Clarisonic this cleanser was easy to control, especially around my eyes.
- Overall this product does what it says it will do, and rather quickly.
What Bioderma says….
Formulated for very dry skin, skin prone to atopy, Atoderm Intensive Baume is a universal product that can be used by the whole family (babies, children, adults) on both the body and face.
Soap-free, fragrance-free, the product cleanses very gently, soothes and softens the skin to keep it comfortable during the day. The combination of zinc and copper, which gives the product a deep blue colour, helps purify the skin.