Hello beauties, There seems to be more and more powder exfoliants on the market. I recently tried the Alpha H Gentle Daily Exfoliant and liked it so much that I didn’t really want to try any others. Then my friend gave me the Dermalogica Microfoliant to try. She had been using it for almost a year and didn’t love it. So I didn’t expect much. But in the name of research I tried it for you. Here’s my thoughts x
Here’s what Dermalogica says about their Microfoliant, “Our number one exfoliant! Gentle, Rice-based exfoliating powder activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.”
How to Use Dermalogica Microfoliant
- Cleanse your face as per normal
- Then pour about a teaspoon amount of the Microfoliant into the palm of your hand
- Add some water and mix into a paste
- Then massage into your skin for about a minute then rinse off
Review: Dermalogica Microfoliant
- Retails for $77 for 75 grams so pretty much on par with the Alpha H exfoliant
- The dispenser on this is so much easier to use! The product just pours out, however is still controllable
- The rice smell is quite fragrant so don’t be put off by it
- After rinsing it off my skin feels squeaky clean but not that tight, uncomfortable feeling
Overall, I really like this exfoliant! I feel my skin texture is a lot smoother and my skin looks a lot clearer. I love that is a really gentle exfoliant and isn’t harsh on the skin. I think to see the full effects of the exfoliant you need to use it at least 3 times a week. Also, really randomly I love love love that its super easy to pour and use!
Also, Dermalogica has just launched their newer and better version of their Microfoliant, called the Daily Superfoliant. After I finish the Microfoliant I would be very keen to try the Superfoliant, I’ve heard great things about it!