If you’re wondering how to straighten hair naturally, these completely natural and simple ideas for hair straightening are a great start. Why buy products for hair straightening or permanently torture your hair with hair straightener – with these small tricks your hair will be “tamed”, calm, healthy and straight.
In order to make your hair straight, don’t dry it under a strong and hot blast of air from a hair dryer. Dry it lightly with a cool air and tame it with a comb.
Coconut milk, honey, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, eggs and warm hair oils are products that can naturally straighten your hair by applying them correctly on your hair. Here are a few ideas on how to straighten hair naturally.
How to straighten hair naturally without hair straightener
Coconut milk and lemon juice
- Add a little lemon juice in a coconut milk and mix it.
- Let it cool for four to five hours, until you notice the foamy layer on the surface.
- Remove the foam and apply the mixture evenly on the hair.
- Soak a towel in hot water and use it to cover the hair.
- Leave it on your head for around an hour.
- After that shampoo and rinse your hair.
Repeating this process will not only straighten your hair but will also help you get rid of dandruff and your hair will get a beautiful shine.
Treatment with hot oils
In addition to nurturing your hair, hot oil treatment makes the hair straight and silky.
It is best to mix the coconut and olive oil.
- Massage the oil mixture to dry hair.
- Wrap a hot towel around.
- Leave on for up to an hour.
- After that wash it out with a shampoo as usual.
Read our detailed instructions for homemade hot oil treatment.
Hair can also be straighten with an apple vinegar.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one cup of water and put it in a spray bottle.
- Spray the washed hair, massage the mixture on the scalp and on the whole hair.
- Leave it for a few minutes, then rinse.
Milk and honey spray
Milk is very efficient for hair straightening.
- Pour the milk into a clean spray bottle.
- Simply spray milk on a dry hair and comb gently with a wide toothed comb. That way the mixture will be spread evenly over your hair.
- Leave it on for half an hour to soak up useful compounds.
- After that just wash with the shampoo as usual.
Milk can also be combined with honey to make a hair mask. For better effect add a mashed banana or strawberry. Apply the mixture on your hair. Wait for it to dry, about 1.5 hours and then wash it off.
Olive oil and eggs
This is also a great mask for those who want straight hair.
- Mix 2 eggs and add a small amount of olive oil.
- Apply to the hair and leave for an hour to act before a shampoo wash.
These ideas on how to straighten hair naturally will help you straighten you hair almost as if you used a hair straightener. But don’t expect miracles if you have naturally curly hair, because no natural remedy can help you with that unfortunately :D.
You might think, why waste my time doing all these things when I can simply straighten my hair with hair straightener. Try to think about the effect hair straightener has on your hair and how it will damage your hair in a long run.
So don’t use hair straightener all the time and try some natural hair straightening ideas instead. You hair will recover and eventually be more beautiful than ever.