Don’t let the name fool you, this lip balm is totally your beeswax. However, it is a little odd that there is actually no beeswax in this product … and that is a good thing. Lush – None Of Your Beeswax lip balm contains only hydrating and protecting ingredients sourced from some of the world’s most nourishing plants. The rich mixture of butter had me concerned that this product would be too oily for everyday use, and despite it being vegan I was still hesitant to try it.
The rave reviews of this tiny tin have made None Of Your Beeswax lip balm a hero product for Lush, but would I like it? My review tells all.
My Review Lush – None Of Your Beeswax Lip Balm
- Packaged in a small round tin made from mostly recycled material, and they too can be recycled which helps minimize further environmental waste. The tin is lightweight and thin enough to slip just about anywhere …. a shoe, your bra, a coin pocket. It is also ideal for travel being just 10g in weight.
- You need the tiniest amount to get a good result. Just one light sweep of your finger over the balm will give you what you need to moisturize your pout. If you are experiencing severely cracked or peeling lips a little bit of a heavier application will give your skin a thorough drink. It also eases the pain of those conditions almost immediately and smoothes the surface to avoid irritation.
- The balm leaves a velvety smooth texture on the lips. It isn’t oily (unless you apply way more than you need to) and it provides a great base for lipstick and lipgloss.
- It has a lemony scent that is pleasant but not overpowering. After a few seconds on the lips, I don’t notice it.
- In my opinion there is no taste and definitely no icky after-taste. I have seen some reviews from people who say it tastes a bit lemony as well but I have not found that.
- I feel great when using this balm because it doesn’t contain anything nasty like petroleum. You can definitely feel the difference of how this lip balm uses only good stuff over a balm full of chemicals. There isn’t that oil-slick feeling or gluggy texture.
What Lush Cosmetics say about Beeswax Lip Balm
A balm of lovely butters that anyone can use – even vegans.
This is a rich lip balm that is created by making an emulsion from fresh lemon infusion blended with extra virgin coconut oil, fair trade shea butter, capuacu butter, murumuru butter, japan wax and carnauba wax. Giving a lovely texture on the lips, moisturizing and protecting from the weather.
Find out other Lush lip care products HERE!