Hello beauties, The brand First Aid Beauty, aka FAB is most commonly known for the best-selling Facial Radiance Pads and their simple yet effective skincare brand. FAB is now available at Sephora, making it more accessible for Aussies to try before we buy. At the recent Sephora Showcase, I was introduced to their new Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer which I was super excited to try! I was told that when it was first introduced into Sephora US, it was in the top 5 primers! How cool is that, considering FAB is a skincare brand!
What FAB says about the Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
“meet Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer, a superfood-powered, oil-free priming moisturizer that brightens, moisturizes, and smooths, while visibly blurring pores and imperfections. Makeup meets skincare with this two-in-one moisturizer and makeup-gripping primer.”
About the FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
- Retails for $28 USD and is available in Sephora Australia, but not online
- 2 in 1 product; primer and moisturiser
- Smells like coconut, but not in a cheap, overpowering way
- No Parabens, Harsh Chemicals or Colorants
- Safe for Sensitive Skin
Review the FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
- I tend to apply about the size of a 5 cent piece to my whole face
- It doesn’t have any SPF which is a bummer because then it would really have it all
- Its hydrating as any other moisturiser
- Doesn’t make me look greasy, but provides a luminous base
- It has a lovely thinnish texture like a lotion crossed with a moisturiser
- I wouldn’t say it’s the best at priming on my oily/ combination skin. I think it would be more suited for my skin in winter (update; I’ve been using it in winter and my skin has been loving this primer)
- Generally speaking, this product would be great for busy people and people with dry skin
- Personally I didn’t find that it prolonged the wear of my makeup, or minimise my pores however it was a nice base for my makeup to grip onto
- The primer/ moisturiser doesn’t alter the finish of your makeup
Overall, I like the quality and concept of the product but it’s not the best match with my oily/ combination skin in summer. I’m definitely going to use it more in winter and I think if you have dry skin you will love this. Having used this for a while, I can see why it was a best seller in Sephora US.
Update- I’ve also done a review of the First Aid Beauty Triple Protection Skin Tint with Goji Berry. Click here to check out my review.