Hello beauties, A couple of weeks ago I brought to you my review of the various Micellar Waters I had in my stash. I also opened with a disclaimer that I didn’t like Micellar Waters as they used to many cotton rounds. That’s the truth… I know Micellar Water is better than using traditional face wipes, but it takes forever. So that’s where my excitement for Micellar Face Wipes comes in! The best of both worlds! Micellar Water in an easy Face Wipe form. There’s a few on the market, but for today I wanted to compare the OG in Micellar Water, Bioderma’s new Micellar Face Wipe against Essano’s more natural and affordable Micellar Wipes.
Review about the Bioderma Sensibio H20 Wipes:
- Retails for $20.99 for 25 wipes
- The texture of these wipes are thick and towelette like, very good quality
- There was plenty of moisturise on each wipes
- I found the wipes were very effective at removing base makeup and eye makeup, but didn’t remove all traces of mascara. To be fair, most face wipes don’t do a good job at removing mascara…
- However soon after removing my makeup I found my skin was a bit on the dry/ tight side. Now that could be because its winter and we’re all a bit dry… I just thought I would mention it as I haven’t had this effect when I use the original Bioderma Micellar Water
Review about the Essano Micellar Soothing Sensitive Wipes:
- Retails for $9.99 for 20 wipes
- The texture of these wipes are thick and towelette like. Not scratchy at all. I’m very impressed with the quality of the wipes.
- However, in terms of moisturise, I found my wipes to be a bit dry. Now I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve had the wipes for a while. But if I’m honest, its wouldn’t have been that long… Maybe 2 months?
- Because the wipes were a bit dry I found it wasn’t the most effective at removing makeup, especially eye makeup. I was left tugging and overall wasn’t impressed.
- I’m trying to stay open minded, because maybe I had a bad batch… Have you tried the Essano wipes? What’s your thoughts?
As you can see the Bioderma Wipes are the clear winner but personally I don’t think I could fathom spending $20 for makeup wipes. I think you would get more bang for your back using the original Bioderma Micellar Water. While its expensive you would definitely get more than 25 uses out of a big bottle.