If you are having trouble finding the connection between tea tree oil and nail fungus, wonder no more. Tea tree oil has been revealed and promoted to be a remedy for nail fungus. Aside from its advantage of being a natural remedy, you are prevented from using harmful chemical products which in the end do not actually work. Thus, opting for the best tea tree oil as a cure for such condition is a good choice.
With the active ingredients and the anti-fungal characteristics in tea tree oil for nail, it helps eliminate the yellowish and crusty nails and no side effects will be experienced. Unlike some medications which can be bought over the counter, potential side effects like diarrhea, abdominal pain and rashes do not occur when you use this natural remedy.
Knowing Where Your Problem Started
Nail fungus is usually acquired when your fingernails or toenails are under constant exposure to moist and warm environments. The growth of fungus beneath them makes your bed nails yellowish, thicker, swollen, crumbly, and inflamed. Usually, the growth occurs in the toenails so there is a need for you to get tea tree oil for toe nails for them to be healed.
You can also get fungus when you wear work boots which are too tight, thus not allowing air to circulate in your feet. Some people are prone to develop this infection when swimming in warm and moist surroundings such as hot tubs and saunas.
You may only discover that you need to get the best tea tree oil when you notice the discoloration of your nail. The color is yellowish or white. You may also recognize that your nails become thicker than usual and start to crumble on the sides or corners. Once this happens, it is already a sign that fungus infection is growing deeper, resulting to discomfort and pain.
Once you notice this sign, you should immediately find the best tea tree oil and begin treating them so that the condition will not worsen and you will not have more difficulty in treating it. Or, if you are not yet affected by this condition, then it is best to take some precautions to avoid acquiring it.
You may do the following as ways of prevention:
- Regularly change your shoes. Try to use one pair of shoes at a time to give each pair of shoes a certain period of time to dry out.
- As much as possible, wear shoes that are ventilated. There are shoes which are open-toed. Why not try them?
- Do not wear socks when you wear slippers at home.
- Avoid contaminating the cream with your hands.
- After taking a shower, always dry your feet properly.
- Use powder for your feet on a regular basis.
Treating Nail Fungus With Tree Tea Oil
Tea tree oil is a topical antifungal solution to treat nail fungus. It is an effective treatment that you apply externally.
In order for your nail fungus to effectively heal, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Trim you nails carefully to avoid cutting your skin. Be patient in removing a dead nail if you have one.
- Step 2: Use a nail filer which is coarse to file down the infected nail. See to it that you would not scratch the skin surrounding your nail.
- Step 3: Wash your nails with water and soap to remove the nail dust from nail filing.
After doing the above steps on your infected nail, prepare a solution of your preferred best tea tree oil. Take note that using tree tea oil alone can cause itching, burning, drying, and any other forms of irritation on your skin.
Check out the following ways on how to use tea tree oil for nail fungus and how to create a combination of tea tree oil for fungus nails and natural ingredients which also support the health of your nail.
Method 1: Tea Tree Oil Plus Water
- Prepare 3 drops of tree tea oil and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Apply to your nails using a cotton ball which is dipped in the mixture. Leave for about 10 minutes.
- Scrub the infected nail with a clean brush.
- Rinse your nails with water then dry it with a towel.
- Do this process every day.
Method 2: Tea Tree Oil + Orange Oil + Grape Seed Oil
- Prepare a mixture of the following:
1 teaspoon of tree tea oil
½ teaspoon of orange oil
½ teaspoon of grape seed oil
- Dip the cotton ball in the mixture then press it against your nail for about 3 minutes. After which, let your nails dry. Do this every day.
Method 3: Tea Tree Oil Plus Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a bowl, mix warm water and half a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Soak the nails for about 40 minutes and dry it with a towel.
- Use cotton pads and dip it in tea tree oil which is watered down. Then, apply it on the affected nail.
- Do this twice a day.
Method 4: Tea Tree Oil Plus Coconut Oil
- Prepare a mixture of ¼ cup organic coconut oil and 15 drops of tea tree oil.
- Let this mixture solidify.
- Apply this to your nails 2 to 3 times per day. You can apply it after you take a bath and before bedtime.
Method 5: Tea Tree Oil Plus Lemon Juice
- Create a mixture of lemon juice and 2 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply this mixture to your nails 2 times a day.
Having known the methods discussed above, there is no guarantee that your nail infection will be removed completely. Getting the best tea tree oil is not enough because this might still recur in the future most especially if you do not take good care of your personal hygiene.