I purchased the Compact Styler by Tangle Teezer directly at their website this year. I had wanted one since they launched so I picked this little one. A good brush is what I need to keep in my handbag. Well, I have to admit that I had been using cheap freebie fold-out brushes for years. Consequently, they would always rip more hair out than I would like. However, they are light enough to add any extra weight to my already heavy bag. I hoped the Tangle Teezer Brush would be exactly what I was looking for. Find out if it ticked all the boxes in this review.
Review First impression Tangle Teezer Compact Styler Brush
- The ergonomic shape makes holding this brush easy even for my small hands.
- A lid attached to the underside is securely clicked into place but still easy enough to remove without any struggle. It works perfectly to keep out grime, dust and debris that floats around my handbag (seriously, it shocks me how a handbag gets so dirty when it is closed all the time). I think this part of the brush could have only been approved by adding a mirror to the lid. Personally, I like to have a mirror attached to almost all items I keep in my handbag. Previously, the hairbrush I was using provided the mirror I used most often. Although, I do have a powder compact with a mirror so that has now become my main reflector. But I think it would have been nice if the Compact Styler had a mirror as well.
- Bristles on the Compact Styler are very unique. The spiky plastic tips are flexible and don’t catch on knots like regular plastic brushes. This is why this brush works very well for hair that knots and/or rips easily.
Tangle Teezer Brush – Review!!!
- I have fine hair but a fair amount of it, so I found the depth of these bristles suitable for brushing my hair but I had to use more strokes than I would with a regular brush. I do prefer this though because it results in less hair being pulled out and there are no tears as the bristles untangle a knot. If you have thicker hair or a lot of hair I would wonder if this brush would be frustrating to use as you would require lots of strokes to do the job. I believe this really comes down to how sensitive you are to knotting and if hair loss is a concern for you.
- The brush unit itself is lightweight and adds no weight to my handbag, which is what I wanted. It is however bulkier than the compact brushes I was using previously so it takes up more room in my bag. It is too big to fit in my cosmetic bag so it just roams freely in the larger sections. As yet I have not found this to be a problem but I use really large handbags so the only issue I foresee is if you like to use smaller shoulder bags.
What Tangle Teezer says….
An innovative hairbrush that is just too busy being fabulous! Cute in size and big on style, it can be popped into your bag and pulled out in a New York minute to reboot hair in seconds. Has a removable cover to protect the patented and innovative teeth from fluff and dirt.
Check it out my review about other Tangle Teezer Brush HERE!!!