Dabur Chyawanprash is an ayurvedic herbal remedy, which has been in use for at least 3,500 years. It is a mixture of herbs, spices and Ayurvedic fruits, which are combined according to ancient recipes.
The earliest recipe for Dabur Chyawanprash is found in the ancient study of the Charaka Samhita in the 4th century BC.
The interest in it is constantly on the rise in India and elsewhere in the world.
Dabur Chywanprash benefits
- Dabur Chyawanprash in Ayurveda is known as rasajana – rejuvenator of organism.
- They call it the “nectar of immortality” because it preserves health and keeps the body young, strong and vital. It is proved that Dabur Chyawanprash helps health in many ways.
- Its antioxidant properties neutralize free radicals, compounds that cause decay and cellular aging. It helps protect the body against many diseases and aging.
- Strengthens the immune system due to the abundance of vitamin C and other medicinal ingredients.
- Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, reduces acidity in the body and bloating and facilitating the elimination of waste.
- Regulates the function of the gastrointestinal tract, eliminates heartburn and chronic constipation, and also helps to correct body weight.
- Preventive action against airway disease – eases breathing, keeps the mucous membranes moist and expectorant.
- Facilitates protein synthesis and thus shape and strengthen muscles. It stimulates hair growth and strengthens bones by supporting the absorption of calcium and other minerals.
- Beautifies the skin, accelerates healing of sores and prevents skin infections.
- Dabur Chyawanprash increases the fertility of both sexes, regulate menstruation and alleviates PMS. Supports the proper development of the fetus and increases the amount of milk during breastfeeding.
- In addition, thanks to its composition of more than 50 drug substances, Chyawanprash greatly reduces the risk of tumor formation.
- Dabur Chyawanprash cleanses the blood of toxins and reduce high blood pressure.
- In Ayurveda it is known that Dabur Chyawanprash promotes intellectual and affective brain function. Facilitates the adoption and understanding of new data, making it suitable for students and intellectual workers.
- It raises the mood and brings tranquility and is useful in cases of depression and anxiety.
It is recommended for the elderly, especially those who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and senile dementia.
Ingredients of Dabur Chyawanprash
Dabur Chyawanprash contains over 50 medicinal ingredients – herbal extracts, ayurvedic fruit and natural minerals. Biological activity of Dabur Chyawanprash is 200 biological units. For comparison, the biological activity of the popular roots of ginseng is only 120 units.
The main ingredient is Chyawanprasha is Amla, also known as Indian gooseberry or amalaki.
This fruit is one of the best sources of antioxidants in the world. In fact, amalaki juice contains 20 times more vitamin C than orange juice. Studies have also shown that Amalaki fruit has antibacterial and antiviral properties. In the Ayurvedic tradition, Amla is considered the best remedy for rasajanu – rejuvenation of the body. Amalaki in Sanskrit means “the one who is held.” The fruit has an amazing nutritional properties and is recommended for many diseases.
Among other ingredients of Dabur Chyawanprasha there are:
• blue lotus
• cinnamon bark
• pearl powder
• long pepper (Piper longum)
• sesame oil
• Tiger Claw plant (lat. – Erythrina variegata)
• wild green chickpeas.
Dosage and administration
Dabur Chyawanprash is thick jam dark-brown color, sometimes covered with a layer of silver. It has a very pleasant sweet-sour taste. Eat it by it self or mix it with warm milk or water. The recommended daily dose for an adult is 1-2 teaspoons twice a day, and for children older than 4 years – from 1.4 to 1 teaspoon twice a day. Elderly people should take 1.3 teaspoons of Dabur Chyawanprasha 3 times a day.
The ideal length of therapy with Chyawanprashem is 3 months. Treatment is done once a year, while for the elderly it is recommended two times a year. Take Dabur Chyawanprash 15 – 20 minutes before meal with water, green tea or milk. Chyawanprash need to slowly dissolve in the mouth. It will enhance the cleansing and rejuvenation of the body, strengthen the immune system, improve the functioning of the liver, gastrointestinal tract and cardio-vascular system. Dabur Chyawanprash can be used together with other ayurvedic medicines like Triphala and Sitopaladi Churna and sesame, mustard and almond oil.
Where to buy
Unfortunately, this great product isn’t something you can find in any store, but that’s why we have online stores.