Having flawless skin is something that everyone strives for, but you know that it takes some work to make this happen. There are some home remedies that you can use to perfect your skin that work better than the commercial products that you use.
When you use natural products, you are eliminating the harsh ingredients that often lead to issues like skin dryness and irritation.
As an added bonus, home remedies also tend to be less expensive compared to commercial skin care products.
If you want to have clear skin and a bright complexion, lemons should be a regular part of your skin care routine.
Lemons work to exfoliate your skin and they can also decrease dark spots thanks to the high vitamin C content. Use lemon in the following ways to improve your skin:
- Use the juice from a whole lemon and apply this directly to clean skin. Allow the juice to sit for about 10 minutes and then use lukewarm water to completely rinse it away. You can do this every other day to improve your skin.
- Lemon works well as an exfoliator when you combine it with regular sugar. Simply mix some sugar with the juice from half a lemon and gently exfoliate your face with this. Once you finish exfoliating, allow the mixture to sit on your skin for 10 minutes and then use lukewarm water to wash it away.
- Create a face mask using two tablespoons of raw honey and a half of lemon’s worth of fresh juice. Apply this to your skin, let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it away.
Aloe vera has powerful healing properties and it also works as an effective antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. This helps to heal acne, reduce acne scars, astringe the skin and soothe skin that is irritated.
You should apply fresh aloe directly to your skin to get the best results.
Use the following steps to use fresh aloe:
- Remove the juice from a fresh aloe plant leaf.
- Use a clean cotton ball to place the juice on your skin.
- Allow it to sit on your skin for 30 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse it away.
- You can use fresh aloe on a daily basis to improve the look and feel of your skin.
In addition to all of the above benefits, it is also an effective moisturiser.
Baking soda has natural antiseptic properties and it works to balance the skin’s pH levels. This works as a great exfoliator, especially for those who are prone to acne.
You can create a mask or a cleanser by mixing baking soda with water. To use it as a cleanser, simply create a thin paste and use it as you would your regular cleanser, both day and night. You can make the paste thicker and create an exfoliating mask.
To use the mask, apply it to your skin, allow it to sit for 20 minutes and then use lukewarm water to rinse it away.
You can use a variety of these skin care home remedies to improve your skin and its overall health. You can use these remedies alone or along with your current skin care routine.
Since these home remedies are all natural, there is a very low risk that they will adversely interact with any of the components of your current skin care routine.
Just make sure to always do a patch test on the skin behind your ear before using any home remedies to ensure that your skin will not react.