When you hear about organic, paraben-free, talc-free, eco-friendly, vegan skincare it’s automatically assumed that the products won’t do anything. Technology and science have come so far in the past few years that such thoughts are old-dated. And there are many skincare ranges that are proving to be just as effective as the chemical-laden ones. Hydrabotanique is one range that creators, Alexami Hydrabotanique Skincare, hope to prove how effective they can really be.
The 6 skincare products use active botanicals and minerals to do the job in place of where other companies use chemicals. The range is said to work as an ideal accompaniment to Alexami’s cosmetics but we put this range to the test to see if it would hold its own in the skincare stakes. Did it do wonders or was it a flop? The review reveals all.
First Impression Alexami – Hydrabotanique Skincare
- The skincare collection comprises of Purifying Gentle Cleanser, Eye Cleansing Oil, 3 in 1 Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Polish, Hydrating Toning Mist, Exotic8 Facial Oil and 2-in-1 Hydrating Primer. For this trial, I used the face cleanser, facial polish, toning mist and facial oil as they are the most common type of products I use in my skincare regime.
- Each of the products is beautifully packaged in color co-ordinated white and green branding. Products are housed in functional packaging without being overly fancy. They look good enough to be on display if you so wish.
- All the products have a fresh, zesty citrus scent that awakens your senses in the morning. I personally found the fragrance to be mild and unnoticeable after approximately 1 hour (depending on how quickly my skin absorbed the products).
- I love that the products are formulated without parabens, silicones, mineral oil, PEGs, propylene glycol, SLS, synthetic fragrances and artificial colors.
- The products did create a smooth base for using under makeup and I found they didn’t interfere with how long my makeup would last. The products kept my skin hydrated most of the day and when I needed to I freshened up with the toning mist.
Alexami – Hydrabotanique Facial Cleanser – Review
- Purifying Gentle Cleanser – The creamy face wash feels nourishing as you massage it into wet skin. It doesn’t lather but once rinsed off I felt my skin was cleaner. When wearing makeup I do a double cleanse and it appears to be sufficient at removing all visible traces. My skin did not feel tight or dry after washing with this cleanser.
- 3 in 1 Pumpkin Enzyme Facial Polish – I’ve never used a product quite like this one before. There are 3 ways you can use it – 30-second scrub, 10-minute peel or 20-minute mask. The creamy base resembles the Purifying Gentle Cleanser but it’s filled with particles that gentle buff the dead skin away. Unlike many exfoliators you can use this one multiple times a week without stripping or irritating your skin. I used it 3 times per week, alternating between the recommended methods depending on how deep I felt I needed to exfoliate.
Alexami – Hydrabotanique – Skincare
- Hydrating Toning Mist – At just 60ml I found I went through the mist rather quickly. While the other products I still had a heap left after 30days, this one I had nothing. I used it by spraying directly on my face after cleansing. But you can also use with a cotton pad. I loved using this mist throughout the day when I felt I needed a burst of hydration. I would spray it directly over my makeup and it seemed to work a treat at keeping my skin look fresh and dewy for longer.
- Exotic8 Facial Oil – I love serums but oils are something that scares me, especially if applied during my morning routine. This oil is a little different as you apply it to your skin while it’s still wet from the toning mist. The recommended dose is 3 drops, which I found that sufficient to hydrate my skin. After thoroughly massaging into my entire face and neck, it absorbs well and doesn’t leave an oily feeling. Also, it didn’t clog the rather large pores on my nose.
- After 30 days of use, I found the products helped to maintain healthy skin and left a nice glow. I believe this to be a good skincare regime for those with already good skin and are looking for something to maintain what they have. I did not find the products to reduce any of my flaws such as sunspots, dark circles, or uneven skin tone.
What Alexami says….
Alexami – Hydrabotanique Skincare is a certified organic, active range designed for any skin type and any age! All products are non-toxic, cruelty-free, eco-friendly and enrich with active botanicals, minerals and a unique hydrating complex. Hydrabotanique skincare products effectively lock moisture deep into the skin’s core, for thorough, long-lasting moisturization.
The collection consists of eight unique products, six of which are certified organic skincare products. And two of which are complementing mineral makeup products designed to create the ultimate foundation for a naturally beautiful complexion.
The Hydrabotanique collection involves a regime of 7 simple steps to achieve an active base. And a more youthful glow: PURE SIMPLE RAW – where beauty is simplified by nature!
Read more: Review-intraceuticals-rejuvenate-skincare