Hello beauties, You would have been seeing on my Instagram and Snap Chat that I’ve been using a Jade Roller for some time now. I’ve had a lot of questions about it, so I thought I better explain what it does. I’m not an expert and to be honest, I kinda bought it on a whim with minimal knowledge of what it does #beautyjunkie
What is a Jade Roller?
A Jade Roller, is an old Chinese beauty tool. Jade itself is meant to contain healing properties and has been used throughout Chinese history for its anti-ageing abilities.
For me the best way to describe it, is a facial massager that enables all your serums and moisturisers to be better absorbed.
What are the benefits of a Jade Roller?
- Assists in removing toxins
- Balances excess fluid in the facial tissue
- Boost circulation
- Improves elasticity
- Promotes cell turnover, resulting in healthier looking skin
For me, I would say it removes the stress from my face making me feel more relaxed. I also feel it boosts circulation as the Jade Roller gentle massages my face and allows for my skincare to penetrate more deeply.
How to use the Jade Roller?
- I tend to use my Jade Roller in the evening after I apply all my serums, oils and moisturisers
- It can be used in the morning but I don’t have time
- Using the larger roller, I start rolling it onto my face, pressing lightly
- Sometimes I flip to the smaller roller to go around my eye area
- I always do this while watching TV so I don’t really know how long I roll for. I would guess anywhere from 2 minutes to 15 minutes
Where to Buy a Jade Roller?
I’m guessing my Jade Roller isn’t real Jade because I bought it from eBay for about $10. However, you can also purchase Jade Rollers from Cult Beauty.
I hope that gives you a better understanding of the Jade Roller, what it does and my experiences using it. If there’s anything I haven’t answered feel free to post a question below or on Instagram x
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.