A DIY vitamin C serum for better skin is easy to make and can transform the tone and texture of your complexion. DIY vitamin C serum has excellent anti-aging and skin rejuvenating benefits. DIY Vitamin C serum deserves to be a major factor in your skincare regimen. It combines the goodness of Vitamin C and does not contain any harmful ingredients as well. Furthermore, it is critical to understand that there are a plethora of products to choose from when it comes to skin care. It can be a bit confusing and tricky as well. But, if you have not tried homemade Vitamin C serum, then you are missing out on many skin benefits.
We all know that consuming Vitamin C foods like kale, berries, and citrus foods can improve our health. But, including Vitamin C in your daily skincare regimen can keep you healthy on the outside as well. Vitamin C can help in growth and repair of the skin tissue. It also has powerful antioxidants that can shield the skin from many damaging free radicals.
Why Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is present in many anti-wrinkle creams and anti-aging creams. But, most of the good products with Vitamin C are expensive and contain artificial ingredients. Thankfully, we can have inexpensive and natural alternatives like DIY Vitamin C serums. Vitamin C is of great help in tightening and brightening the skin.
Let’s take a look at how to make Vitamin C serums at home. We have listed here the two major Vitamin C serum recipes for you to make your own Vitamin C serum.
Simple DIY Vitamin C Serum Recipe With Glycerine
If you are wondering how to make Vitamin C serum at home which will last more than a month, then you are at the right place. This Vitamin C serum recipe brings together the goodness of Vitamin C and glycerine.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vitamin C powder.
- One teaspoon of distilled water to dissolve and 2 Tablespoons of vegetable glycerine.
- Vitamin C oxidizes quickly. So, get a dark container for storing the serum.
How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home With Glycerine
- Dissolve the powder (Vitamin C) in the water.
- If you are using only Vitamin C and water, then you are almost done. But, the serum can only be stored for two weeks or a bit longer in the fridge.
- If you want to include glycerine, then dissolve Vitamin C with water first and stir in the glycerine and store. This can last one month or a bit longer.
DIY Vitamin C Serum For The Face With Aloe Vera
If you are wondering how to make your own Vitamin C serum with aloe vera, then this is the perfect recipe for you.
- One teaspoon of Vitamin C powder (GMO-free)
- 1½ tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- ⅛ teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- One teaspoon purified or filtered water
- Five drops of frankincense essential oil
How To Make Your Own Vitamin C Serum With Aloe Vera
- Blend the purified water and Vitamin C powder together.
- Now, add the aloe Vera gel to it and blend again.
- Now, add the frankincense and vitamin E oil. It is important to mix all the ingredients until the mixture is well combined.
- Transfer the DIY serum into a small bottle with the help of a funnel. This will assist in reducing light exposure.
- Applying the serum at night is important. This is because the sensitivity of the serum will be high when exposed to the sun.
- You will notice the results in a few weeks. Make sure that you use it regularly at night.
If you feel that making homemade Vitamin C serum is an uphill task, there are many alternatives in the market. The goodness of Vitamin C is too good to miss. So, you can consider products like Vitamin C capsules for skin, Vitamin C capsules for face, Vitamin C gel capsules, Vitamin C oil, etc. Vitamin C for the face can do a lot of wonders to your skin. Signs of aging on the face like wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots can be fought with the help of serums or Vitamin C gel capsules. But rather than taking vitamin c gel capsules to get the goodness of Vitamin C, it is better to go with the DIY serum to avoid any side effects. We hope that the recipes listed above will be of help to you in tackling the question of how to make your own vitamin c serum. Go ahead and reap the benefits of this wonder vitamin.